Top Stories Today: 6.18.2013
The top five most clicked stories on Statesman online at 5 p.m.
- Official: Motorcyclist killed in early morning crash: A 59-year-old motorcyclist died after a crash in North Central Austin early Tuesday, police said.
- Three churches drop Boy Scouts over decision on gays: A church in Austin, a church in Bastrop and a church and Pflugerville have dropped troops with a combined membership of about 185 boys.
- Travis County discusses Public Integrity Unit funding; Lehmberg calls Perry cuts ‘partisan,’ ‘misguided;’ Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg appeared before Travis County commissioners to talk about Gov. Rick Perry’s line-item veto of Integrity Unit funding in her first public appearance since being released from jail May 9 following a drunken driving conviction in April.
- Official: Bicyclist injured in crash near Y in Oak Hill: The morning crash was followed by another incident Tuesday afternoon when a cyclist was hit by a truck
- Lake Pflugerville re-opened after unknown barrel discovered: City workers have tested the Lake Pflugerville water four times since a barrel labeled as hazardous was found but there is no indication that anything is wrong with the water supply, according to the city.