Top Stories Today: 6.7.2013
The top five most clicked stories on Statesman.com at 5 p.m.
- Police sergeant suspended after loss of cocaine: An Austin police sergeant will be suspended for a day after officials say he contributed to the loss of two bags of seized cocaine.
- Texas woman charged in Obama ricin threat: (AP story) A pregnant Texas actress who told FBI agents her husband had sent ricin-tainted letters to President Barack Obama and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg was charged Friday with threatening the president.
- Austin Animal Center not accepting animals, waiving donation fees: The Austin Humane Society is also offering free adoptions due to the stress of too many animals.
- Club of powerful, rich meet in secret in London: (AP story) More than 100 of the world’s most powerful people are at the former manor house near London for a secretive annual gathering that has attained legendary status in the eyes of anti-capitalist protesters and conspiracy theorists.
- Alamo bowl promoted to top Big 12 contest: (AP story)