Top Stories Today: 4.22.2013
The top 5 stories on Statesman.com at 5 p.m.
- Judge finds that Anderson hid evidence in Morton murder trial: The story from Friday was the most popular story starting off the week. Former Williamson County district attorney Ken Anderson was arrested and booked into jail on Friday - and then released on bail - after a specially convened court found that he intentionally hid evidence to secure Michael Morton’s 1987 conviction for murder.
- Longhorns hire Bob Shipley as football analyst: The veteran high school coach has sent two wide receivers to the University of Texas — former Longhorn Jordan Shipley and current player Jaxon Shipley, who will be a junior this fall.
- Officials: Man who hijacked bus was a suspended bus driver
- 4 more first responders killed in Texas blast ID’d: Officials continue to identify those who died in last week’s deadly fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas.
- 7-11 clerk’s tip leads officers to $10,000 drug cache: Officers found 3.6 ounces of methamphetamine, a pound and a half of marijuana and 5.4 grams of the anti-anxiety drug Xanax in two vehicles,